Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Global Warming

Senator Steve Fielding has made up his mind on global warming - there's not enough evidence that it's real.

Wow what a relief! For a moment I thought we would have to stop digging massive, gargantuan holes in and under the ground to extract more coal. I thought we'd have to stop destroying our natural world. I thought we'd have to stop relying on blood stained oil. I thought we'd have to stop using our cars to drive 500m down the road to buy the bread and milk. I thought I'd have to turn off my lights when I didn't need them.

But thanks Steve, now global warming isn't real I can rest easy at night knowing that a couple of temporary jobs in the country's highest polluting industries are now safe, 'cause CO2 pollution doesn't matter.....yippie! I feel better now.